The CEO of Pocono Raceway says the track has heard from fans this week frustrated with Randy Bernard's departure from IndyCar.
It's a chance from the excited calls Brandon Igdalsky had been receiving since IndyCar announced Oct. 1 it was returning to Pocono in 2013 after a 23-year absence. Also coming back next year is the "Triple Crown" challenge, which Pocono was a part of through 1989.
Bernard stepped down as CEO of IndyCar on Sunday night after an emergency meeting of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway board of directors. He had worked closely with Igdalsky most of this year on the three-year contract to return one of IndyCar's original tracks to the schedule.
Igdalsky says he understands IndyCar made a business decision.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/2/2012 5:20:41 PM (GMT -4:00)