UPDATE: Fire starts in chimney, damages home near Newville
A large fire at a farm house off of Doubling Gap Road caused a lot of damage, but no one was injured.
The fire started around 820 p.m. in the area of 816 Doubling Gap Road. When crews arrived, they found the house engulfed in flames.
It is believed the fire started in the chimney. Everyone made it out of the home safely.
"We got the call about 8:15pm. It was dispatched as a house fire. There's probably about 12 fire departments here," explained Friendship Hose company Fire Chief Joel Griffie. "They had to haul the water from a couple of miles away. It's a hundred percent loss."
Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.